Wills, Trusts & Estates Law
Most recent CASE briefs
- T signed will on Sept. 4, 1932
- Will was typewritten on 5 sheets of paper
- T signed last page, which was attested to by 3 witnesses
- Brittain (B), the executor, was given will for safe keeping
- A codicil was typed on separate piece of pap...
- T was born in NC in 1934
- In 1962, T married Petie
- In 1968, T met Patricia Elizabeth Shannon (S) and began a romance with her.
- Between 1970 and 1994, T hosted CBS News Sunday Morning
- Became known for his On the Road series, for which he ...
- T wanted to prepare a will before a trip to FL
- T filled in the blanks of a pre-printed will form
- T indicated that he planned to leave equal share to 3 of his five children (Kerry, Tara, and Kristin)
- T showed completed form to B and BW
- T died on Oct 23, 1998
- At death, T was 75 yrs. old and living in Cascade Co, Montana
- Had a W and 2 daughters from a previous marriage (S and C)
- OW was executed on April 18, 1984
- 13 yrs later, lawyer (L) drafted a JW
- T and W met...
- Lawyers omitted the attestation clause and used instead an affidavit designed for a two-step self proving will
- Witnesses signed an affidavit swearing that they had previously signed their names as witnesses during a stage in the execution ceremony that never ac...