Wills, Trusts & Estates Law
Most recent CASE briefs
- Document was on a single sheet of paper w/ 3 typed paragraphs that made numerous bequests and recommended a certain attorney be used to probate the will
- Not dated, signed or attested to
- Included handwritten portion at bottom in T’s handwriting that...
- T established 2 separate trusts to provide for his wife, 2 minor sons, and 2 adult daughters (from prior marriages).
- Trust 1 was an irrevocable trust for all of the beneficiaries
- Trust 2 was a revocable trust for his wife and 2 minor sons, but did not in...
- T executed a will in 1977 naming her cousin, Frederic (F), as executor and principal beneficiary, entitling F to receive all personal property not listed on the attached memorandum of her known wishes
- T owed a painting at her death valued at $1800
- The me...
- T died on Oct. 13, 1960 at age of 85
- WW named GN as a legatee and executrix
- L and D and not kin to T, but L was a sister-in-law
- T had no children
- Starting in 1954, she began living w/ her GN in Wisconsin
- T executed WW and ...
- T died on Apr. 19, 1951
- T left a will dated Mar. 26, 1951 and a codicil dated April 10, 1951.
- Residuary clause of the will left the residue of T’s estate in equal share to nephew, Nelson (N), and friend, Aurea (A)
- Codicil edited the name...