Wills, Trusts & Estates Law
Most recent CASE briefs
• T executed will on Sept 1, 1988, at which time he had no wife and 3 daughters
• T’s will left almost everything to D
• T got married to D 2 days later
• T died in Feb 1996
• Will was admitted to probate
- Ts died in 1960
- Ts each made the same bequest to Robert J. Krause
- However, they had intended to leave it to Robert W. Krause
- Wills was probated
- TC awarded both bequests to Robert W
- T died in Dec 1953
- T’s will was admitted to probate
- T’s will said that the executrix was to sell T’s interest in a piece of property and use the proceeds to set up trusts for each of T’s 2 nieces
- She referred to the property as “304 ...
- T’s residuary clause gave the residue of her estate to her heirs at law at the time of her death
- The sole HAL at the time of T’s death was her maternal aunt, who was still living when case was decided
- T had a friendly and cordial relationship w/ her ...
- T had C from first marriage
- T and W1 executed mutual wills on Nov 15, 1985, each devising that spouses entire estate to the other w/ residuary going to C upon survivor’s death
- W1 died
- T married W2 and failed to execute a new will to provid...