Wills, Trusts & Estates Law
Most recent CASE briefs
• T established a trust
• Trust was to go to (Marcene) W for life, the remainder to (Coy) S.
• T had 3 children, including S, by W1
• When W1 died, T married W in 1961, who had 2 children from her prior marriage.
• T and W had no children toget...
• T died in May 1965
• T devised her interest in late H’s farm to 2 nephews on H’s side of family
• Wilson conveyed his interest in Burtle’s share to Burtle’s children
• TC found there was no class g...
• T executed a will leaving the residue of his estate to Hazel Brennan
• Hazel pre-deceased T
• CT’s anti-lapse statute says that when a devisee predeceases T and no provision is made in the will for such contingency, the devise will go to that person(s)...
• T executed a holographic will which left everything to Chester and Roxy, besides a $10 gold piece and diamonds, which she left to Georgia
• Chester was a close friend of T who lived in on of the units on T’s property
• Roxy was a dog which was alive on...
• T wanted to have sex with P
• T had a “fake” will drafted leaving everything to P and told the lawyer (who signed as a witness) drafting it that it was going to be fake.
• T had 2 more witnesses sign the will, and did not tell them the will was t...