Most recent CASE briefs
Facts: Stern brought action for unpaid architectural services for development of hotel and casino, Kings Castle, in Nevada against Jacobson.
Jacobson earlier asked Stern to draw plans of a new casino. Jacobson consequently provided this service.
At the same time...
29 S.Ct. 304 (1908)
- The Defendant Corporation was a railroad company that was prosecuted by the federal government for violating a statute that prohibited the provision of rebates for shipments. The violated statute permitted the company to be criminal...
41 Del.Ch. 78, 188 A.2d 125 (Del.Supr. 1963)
- Ds were directors of a company recently convicted of price fixing and violating various anti trust laws.
- Ds claim to have not known of the activities of the company employees and thus hold themselves...
698 A.2d 959 (Del.Ch. 1996)
- Caremark’s employees were indicted for violating healthcare fraud statutes, which ultimately resulted in $250M total fines.
- Shareholders of Caremark sued the board of directors derivatively for breach of their fidu...
911 A.2d 362 (Del. Supr. 2006)
- Two individuals were operating a Ponzi scheme, which operated the majority of its funding through AmSouth bank.
- Ultimately, two Ponzi schemers were convicted and the bank was required to pay over $50 million in fi...